mardi 1 janvier 2013

Teapot

Happy New Year folks !
One of my year resolutions is to post more here, but I know that I say that each year. And I just can't keep it =/
Anyway, here's some observational sketches I did last week at my parent's home. I'm on a realistic period because I have a lot to learn about lighting and atmospheres. And it's just a good exercice to look out the window and paint. Despite of the sun it was cold outside =).
More personal stuff to come.










5 commentaires:

Jérémy a dit…

Très belles ces études.
Et bonne année. Les plus beaux dessins pour 2013 :)

Noam Sussman a dit…

happy new year!
these are really inspiring, thanks for sharing

ryo_saeba a dit…

Magnifiques variations de lumière.

Angela Pan a dit…

these are amazing! makes me want to do a lot of studies too.

Nikhita P. a dit…

Hi Joel,
This is absolutely beautiful work. Incase I don't have the patience to comment on every post, your work is EPIC. I love the usage of colors, composition and values. Beautiful.

About this post, I had a lot of questions! It's crazy how you've got all the temperatures of the day in the same image.
1.Do you repaint over a line drawing?
2.Do you have references of this image under different lightings?
3.Do you repaint picking different colors or do you change the color balance saturation etc. by selecting a part of the image?

Would love to know your process.
You can email me at nikhita.prabhudesai@gmail.com Thanks and great great work.
Also congrats on One Day! It's one of my favourite films from Gobelins. :)
Cheers!